- The basics of profit planning along with some cost volume profit techniques including breakeven analysis and target profits
- How to describe the potential benefits of implementing a formal budgeting process
- How to identify the key elements involved in creating master budgets, sales budgets, and selling and administrative budgets, and explain the role of marketing in these processes
- How to prepare the budgets and supporting schedules included in a master budget, and recognize the importance of responsibility accounting for any organization
- How to determine the level of sales needed for a Marketer to achieve a desired target profit, and how to determine the break-even point for a single and multiproduct company
- A hands-on approach to learning via real world cases and solutions
- Detailed slides to provide the logic of each example provided
- Frameworks to leverage for your own company
You Will Benefit From
- Marketers who are looking to strengthen their financial skill sets and understand how financials can impact a business
- Marketers who are looking to better understand how to prepare an effective profit plan for an organization and how best marketing can contribute to its success
- Assistant Marketing/Brand & Category Managers and those who work in Shopper Marketing and Digital Media
Originally from New Brunswick, Jeffrey O’Leary has worked for over 14 years in various Corporate Finance, Sales and Marketing positions at Maple Leaf Foods, Wolseley Canada & Karl Storz Medical Devices.
Jeff holds undergraduate degrees in Accounting & Economics, an MBA and is a CMA and CPA in Ontario as well as a Chartered Marketer.
Jeff has been teaching in post-secondary education for over fourteen years and is currently a lecturer at the University of Guelph and McMaster Centre for Continuing Education while being a Moderator & Facilitator in the Ontario CPA program and lead instructor in the CM program.
Jeff is married to Kate and have recently welcomed their second daughter, Olivia, to the family.