At the end of participating in this course, you should be able to:
- Understand and develop a Corporate Strategy
- Hone your Brand Strategy to enhance the Corporate Strategy
- Define your target customers and improve their Brand experience
- Identify the fundamental steps to develop a new Brand and/or enhance an existing Brand
- Design and implement tactical integrated Branding programs that will grow the value of your organization’s Brand and business
- Create impactful marketing communications that align with Brand strategy
- Craft successful internal Branding communication programs
- Measure Brand value and manage a Brand crisis
- Interaction with a branding expert
- Latest technologies
- Recorded videos with synchronized PowerPoint presentations
- Discussion boards and forums for group collaboration
- Technical Support
- Anywhere and anytime access
- Flexible to suit your schedule
- No travel time
- Interactive learning experience
- Online Certificate in Integrated Branding awarded upon successful completion of all course requirements
CMA’s certificate program courses are designed to build on the skills and knowledge of marketing practitioners. Individuals must have at least three years of experience in a marketing-related role to take this course. The instructor will assume that students have a solid understanding of the principles of marketing. All coursework must be completed in the required timeframe. Coursework includes 4 individual assignments, discussion questions and a final assignment. Students must achieve a final overall mark of 60% in order to qualify for a certificate pass.
Note: This course will count towards the prerequisite requirements necessary to enroll in the Chartered Marketer Program
This course is demanding, but very rewarding. Each session is comprised of a video-based multimedia presentation and a discussion question or assignment. On average we recommend that you will need at least 2-4 hours each week to view the session and complete coursework. You will be required to complete 4 individual assignments. Students will be given one week to complete the final assignment.
You will require a minimum upload bandwidth of 5mbps to stream our course videos, which are 1080p. Please ensure you have access to high-speed internet for the duration of the course
CMA’s Integrated Branding Certificate course consists of instructor recorded videos, synchronized PowerPoint presentations, integrated discussion boards and forums for group collaboration. Throughout the 10-week course students will be required to complete and submit a discussion post or assignment each week. This course also includes four live interactive webinars, during which students have the opportunity to engage with fellow students and to ask direct questions to the instructor.
The following is a general outline of the course content.
Session 1 - Overview of Integrated Branding
- What is Integrated Branding
- Why do we need Integrated Branding
- Defining Business Scope for business success and economic value
- Identifying when to change Business Scope
Session 2 - Corporate Strategy
- Understanding Brand Strategy and Brand Execution Foundational Structure
- Corporate Strategy Fundamentals (Vision, Mission, Objectives, Values and Promise)
- Corporate Strategy brought to life
- How to navigate ahead of your competitors’ Corporate Strategy
- Assessing the strength of your Corporate Strategy
Session 3 - Brand Strategy
- Brand Strategy Fundamentals (Vision, Mission, Objectives, Values and Promise)
- Brand Strategy in practice
- Where do you fit in the Brand Architecture spectrum
Session 4 - Brand Essence
- What is brand essence and why is it important for your brand
- Devising a positioning statement
- Discovering your personality, tone & manner
- Applying brand essence to marketing communications
Session 5 - Customer Targeting and Customer Experience
- Defining your target audience
- Aligning your brand to your target audience
- Mapping the customer experience
- Managing the moments of truth
Session 6 - Developing a Brand
- What are the primary elements of brand identity
- Producing a brand identity brief
- Generating ideas for brand names
- Decision criteria and process for brand name decision
- Creative options for brands, logos and icons
- Constructing a tag line
- Executing with consistency
Session 7 - Executing Brand Communications
- Formulating key messages and benefit statements
- Building brand guidelines
- Marketing’s role in building brand
- Planning the brand investment
- Choosing the right media for the right task
Session 8 - Internal Branding
- Why the need for internal branding
- What drives internal brand strategy and how do we track success
- Internal branding in practice
- What are the challenges facing internal branding initiatives
Session 9 - Measuring Brand Value
- Why brand measurement is essential from all perspectives
- How can you measure and define brand value/equity
- Which types of metrics can you use to measure brand
- Customized and current examples of brand measurement
Session 10 - Managing the Brand
- How to monitor and manage a brand’s effectiveness
- What to do when your brand is facing crisis
- Course summary and conclusions
Wendy Boyd, CM
Wendy is a firm believer that, “if you’re not constantly learning, you’re falling behind” so she is happy to be an eternal student and teacher of marketing.
Wendy has enjoyed success on both client and agency side from large blue chip to small start-up companies, consumer and B2B – across a wide variety of brands including Bell Mobility, General Mills, American Express, InfoWorks, Scotiabank, Canadian Tire, United Way, Toyota, Honda, Moneris and GE Money. Currently Wendy is President of AM360, a marketing consulting company.
She’s dedicated her career to expanding her knowledge in a variety of marketing disciplines, always looking to blend the analytic and creative sides of marketing. She’s passed on her knowledge by authoring four CMA Certificate courses, including Advertising and Media, Marketing Math, Advanced Marketing and Integrated Branding. She has also been an active member of CMA’s Education Committee for over 10 years.
Experience has taught Wendy that marketing is part art, part science so she teaches how to be well-rounded in both aspects – with skills for enhancing both creative solutions and ROI.
- David Kynan
“The Integrated Branding course gave me the knowledge and skills necessary to develop the strategic framework for any brand, product or service.”
- Joanna Persaud
“The course content was excellent and the instructor was very informative. I have already begun to use the course information in my day to day and look forward to taking more.”
- Jennifer Cunningham
"An excellent course and gave me a new perspective on business strategy and how the notion of 'brand' extends far beyond the marketing domain - and more importantly, how to develop and manage it effectively. Essential education for anyone who believes that 'brand' and 'logo' are synonymous. Your eyes will be opened!"
- Simon Hancock
"I learned a lot about branding and going through the final assignment was a great exercise that pulled all the material together and made it real. Good material and instructor - enjoyed the course."
- Rob Young
- To cancel, a learner will select ‘credit request’ in MyBillings and select ‘refund’.
- Cancellations made greater than 14 calendar days prior to the course start date will not be penalized. A refund will be issued in full.
- Cancellations made with 14 or fewer calendar days prior to the course start date will be processed with a 50% administration fee deducted.
- No refunds past course start date.
- Refunds will be issued to the source of payment
In the Event of Program Cancellation
- We cannot always secure the minimum number of required participants to run each session. Program fees will be either credited or fully refunded in the event of a course cancellation at the discretion of the learner.
- We take great pride in our programs and will do the utmost to make your experience with us both valuable and enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.