Upon course completion, you should be able to:
- Develop a foundational understanding of Generative AI and its relevance in marketing.
- Master advanced prompting techniques for optimized use across the marketing value chain.
- Learn how to use generative AI for in-depth market analyses and derive actionable insights.
- Create detailed customer personas and journeys using AI-enhanced methodologies.
- Design marketing strategies, channel plans, and creative campaigns.
- Enhance content creation processes, leveraging AI for diverse formats from video scripts to social posts.
- Gaining a competitive advantage by integrating AI tools and strategies into your marketing initiatives.
- Acquiring hands-on experience through practical exercises, preparing you for real-world applications.
- Staying ahead in the rapidly evolving marketing field by mastering AI-enhanced techniques.
Any marketer looking to develop their practical hands-on experience with Generative AI tools to enhance marketing activities.
CMA’s Generative AI Online Certificate course consists of instructor recorded videos and synchronized PowerPoint presentations. This course also includes individual exercises that are meant to develop your knowledge on the use of AI tools within marketing practices. Though the course is an on-demand asynchronous course, the instructor will have some availability for questions relating to course content.
The following is a general outline of the course content (subject to change).
Module 1: Prompting Fundamentals
- Definitions and Foundational Concepts
- Prompting Basics: the fundamentals of creating good prompts
- ChatGPT Plus Advanced Functions: Custom Instructions, Plugins, Advanced Data Analysis
Module: Foundations of Generative AI
- Prompting Frameworks & Approaches: Key frameworks for more sophisticated prompting Chain of thought, tree of thought, and reflexion
- Prompt Library and GPTs
Module 3: Customer Centricity: Persona Mapping
- Finding insights into your customers: Using tools to source, export and analyze customer insights
- Creating customer personas: Develop a robust customer Personas
- Mapping features to benefits: Craft messages that resonate and engage
Module 4: Market Analysis through AI
- AI in Market Scanning: Techniques to unearth hidden trends and competitive actions.
- Tool and Techniques: Using frameworks.
- Applying advanced prompting methods: using an LLM to help gain insights
Module 5: Marketing Planning through AI
- Crafting AI-Driven Marketing Strategies: using a script to optimize email content creation and drafting nurture campaigns.
- Setting KPIs: Using LLMs to define metrics and approaches to budgeting.
- Applying advanced prompting methods: using and LLM to shape your content and marketing plan
Module 6: Messaging Mapping & Content Planning with AI
- AI-Enhanced Message Mapping: Craft messages that resonate and engage.
- Robust Communications Plans with AI: Establish a framework and springboard
- Tree of thought prompting to draft a message map and applying advanced frameworks
Module 7: Generating Ideas with AI
- Custom Instructions as an idea Partner
- Brainstorming: Using brainstorming prompts, tree of thought frameworks, Reflexion to generate ideas
- AI Conversations: Brainstorming ideas with a persona
Module 8: AI Infused Creative Development
- Crafting Creative Briefs with AI Insights: Ensure creativity meets data-driven insights for compelling campaigns.
- Brainstorming: Using AI like inversion and enhancement to expand upon your concepts.
- Perfecting Messages with AI: Ensure clarity, relevance, and engagement.
Module 9: Designing Content
- Ensuring consistent brand voice.
- Prompt chaining for effective content
- Using / designing custom GPTs
Module 10: Using Advanced Data Analysis on ChatGPT
- Customer segmentation
- Sentiment analysis
- Data visualization
CMA’s certificate program courses are designed to build on the skills and knowledge of marketing practitioners. Individuals must have at least one year of experience in a marketing-related role to take this course. Course participants are encourage to use a Generative AI tool such as ChatGPT, Bing etc. to practice course content.
Each module is comprised of a video-based multimedia presentation, a learner exercise (which is cumulative across the lessons) and a quiz. Thought the exercises are not mandatory, they are valuable practical learning experiences. To obtain the course certificate, participants will be required to complete all module quizzes. On average we recommend at least 1-2 hours to complete each module.
You will require a minimum upload bandwidth of 5mbps to stream our course videos, which are 1080p. Please ensure you have access to high-speed internet for the duration of the course.
Karla Congson is CEO and founder of OpenGravity a marketing agency based in Toronto, serving enterprise clients such as Sun Life Financial, Scotiabank, Deloitte, the Co-operators, the Canadian Medical Association, Staples and Nokia. She brings over two decades of marketing and strategy experience and her work has included business leadership and general management of top global and domestic brands, customer insights & analytics, brand strategy, client experience design and integrated marketing.
In her previous role as Chief Marketing Officer at Dundee Corporation, Karla was responsible for driving customer experience, innovation and brand strategy for a high net worth platform. In 2017, she was part of the founding team that brought Singularity University to Canada through the first SingularityU national conference. Karla has also held the roles of Executive Strategy Director & Managing Director at Mirum Agency, one of Canada’s largest digital marketing agencies and as Executive Vice President at WPP/Young & Rubicam Canada, Karla was responsible for country leadership of the Ford of Canada business spanning multiple marketing agencies. Prior to this Karla was the Vice-President Marketing at AIM Trimark, responsible for domestic brand and marketing leadership. In this capacity she also led a significant global brand strategy and architecture project for Invesco, the parent brand for AIM Trimark, leading to the global rollout of the Invesco masterbrand.
Karla has been building an AI-infused team within her own organization and has led Generative AI education sessions for organizations such as the TMX (Toronto Stock Exchange), the CMA and the UK Women Founders Group.
We will provide a refund less an administration fee of $25 for cancellation requests received within 7 days of purchase for any on-demand course which has not been accessed and/or opened. Any on-demand courses which have been accessed and/or opened are no longer eligible for refunds. To cancel, a learner will select ‘credit request’ in MyBillings and select ‘refund’, refunds will be issued to the source of payment and may take up to 4 weeks to be completed.
CEO and Founder