Progress on CMA activities to empower marketers
With our third issue of our Member’s Digest, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued engagement with CMA. We continuously work to embolden Canadian marketers across all industries through our resources, professional development and thought leadership.
The summer has been an incredibly productive time for CMA staff and community. Our first in-person social was in July and we were met with great support and excitement to reconnect. We have also been hard at work on Bill C-27 and Bill 96, graduating our next class of CM’s, and distributing our 16th annual Digital Pulse Survey.
As I look back at the last few months, I am most proud of our meaningful engagement with our members across Canada through our Council and Committee members, our remote offerings including our Certificate Courses, CMA Café, Chartered Marketer designation, online events and training sessions. We have welcomed new members, worked toward the development of a new elective (set to launch in 2023) and moved our DEI efforts forward.
With fall around the corner, I am re-energized as we are gearing up for our next semester of remote professional development offerings, our return to in-person events including CMAmedia on September 22 and our Awards Show Gala on November 18, and as we continue to strengthen the marketing profession.
As always, my virtual door is open.
Sartaj Sarkaria, Acting Chief Operating Officer
The CMA is committed to transforming marketing careers and building confidence. Here is a glance at how we are ensuring marketers are up-to-date, accredited, and informed.
- Interest in our Chartered Marketer program continues to grow, with registrants for Applied Marketing Core 1 increased 10x YoY.
- To continue driving growth, the CM Working Group will launch a program evaluation survey to determine how to better serve potential learners interested in the designation
- As we continually advance the CM offering, development of the CM Elective “Insights” course continues and is on track for completion by end of year
- A refresh of the CM Summit case study is well underway and a new, updated challenge will be offered to learners in September.
- The re-branded Marketing Metrics Certificate Course is set to launch on September 19th offering collaborative learning opportunities and immediately applicable resources.
The CMA Awards 2022
- Entries for Marketer of the Year and the Lifetime Achievement Award are open until September 13th. We encourage you to nominate deserving individuals who have made tremendous contributions to marketing in Canada at the link below.
- Tickets for the Gala at the Westin Harbour Castle are on sale now. Don’t miss out as limited tables are available.
The CMA member community is strong, vibrant, and highly engaged.
- Our Councils and Committees continue to be active content contributors, publishing seven blogs. Topics include adtech, B2B influencer marketing, social impact and brand purpose, design thinking and how it affects employee experience, B2B content marketing, as well as advice for how NFP and social sector marketing teams can apply an intersectional and inclusive lens to their work.
- Recruitment for our 2022-23 Council rosters is finalized. Announcement to follow at the end of September- watch us on LinkedIn for more details.
- The Adtech Resource Hub - our one-stop shop for Canadian marketers to stay on top of the latest adtech developments - has had some significant updates over the summer, including information on the delay of Chrome’s cookie phase-out and the impact of California’s first CPPA fine.
- Seats are still available for CMAmedia, our first in-person conference in two and half years. Join us on September 20th at Malaparte and hear from marketing leaders from The Trade Desk, Quantast, Samsung Ads, Tik Tok, Bell Media and Walmart Connect!
As the voice of the marketing profession, the CMA actively advocates on legislative and regulatory matters.
- Canada’s Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, the Honourable François-Phillipe Champagne will be the keynote speaker at CMAprivacy on November 1st.
- We continue to engage with key stakeholders regarding privacy law reform, meeting with federal government officials,including Canada’s new Privacy Commissioner.
- Our first CMAESG event will be held on October 11th and is free for members. Contact us at email@example.com if your organization is developing ESG thought leadership content.
- Our 16th Digital Pulse research launched at the end of August. We want to know what you think about the opportunities and challenges of digital marketing in a constantly changing environment! Check your email for a link to complete the survey.
- We established a working group to shape our response to the federal government's first-ever AI regulation bill. If you would like to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.