Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Issue at a Glance
In spring 2020, the CMA issued a statement in support of the fight against racism. We pledged to raise awareness with our members about the principle in the Canadian Marketing Code of Ethics and Standards, which states that all marketers must: "promote equality and must not condone, tolerate or otherwise allow discrimination, intolerance of differences or any abuse of power or position in any workplace or working relationship."
Our Working Group on Marketing Talent (formerly the Talent Council) is comprised of marketers and other professionals with deep expertise and lived experiences to guide our work on diversity and inclusion. With their wisdom and insights, we are planning a series of initiatives to help the marketing community create safe, inclusive workplaces and address systemic and institutional barriers faced by marketers who are members of BIPOC communities and other marginalized groups.
CMA Resources and Initiatives
- Diversity and Inclusion in Canada's Marketing Sector - CMA Research Findings 2021
- A better world for all of us: Reflections on International Women’s Day
- Diversity and Inclusion update
- CMA’s new Talent Council
- Statement: Black Lives Matter: The CMA stands in solidarity with the fight against racism
- Statement: CMA supports efforts to eliminate hate on social platforms
- News Release: CMA supports efforts to eliminate hatred on social platforms