The Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) is pleased to announce its 2020-21 board of directors including the appointment of Steve Mast, president and chief innovation officer at Delvinia, as board chair for a two-year term.
“Steve has an impressive track record as an innovator and industry leader. He has earned the respect of his colleagues on the Board,” said John Wiltshire, the CMA’s president and CEO. “We are delighted to have him assume the role of chair.”
Marketers play a critical role in stimulating the economy, which creates employment opportunities, increases GDP and generates wealth. Mast’s appointment comes at a time when Canadian marketers are leading their organizations to innovate and prepare for recovery following the economic challenges imposed by the pandemic.
“I am proud to serve as chair of the CMA’s board, particularly at a time when the skills of marketing are critically important in helping the Canadian economy return to economic health,” Mast said.
Joining the board is Brent Chaters, managing director, digital customer and marketing transformation practice, Accenture.
The CMA board extends thanks to Aldo Cundari, chairman and CEO of Cundari who served as board chair for the past two years, and to John Boynton, president and CEO of Torstar Corporation who is stepping off after serving as a director for a number of years.
“One of the CMA’s greatest strengths is its volunteer leadership, beginning with the members of our board of directors,” said John Wiltshire, the CMA’s president and CEO. “Their outstanding expertise, commitment and guidance helps us to support and elevate the marketing profession across the country, and to maintain a strong foundation for our organization, even in these uncertain times.”
The CMA is in a strong financial position as it approaches the mid-point of the year. Member retention remains strong. New membership continues to grow with 22 new members so far in 2020, including eight in March and April.
The complete list of CMA board members for 2020-21 is:
- Steve Mast, President and Chief Innovation Officer, Delvinia
- Rob Assimakopoulos, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, CIBC
- Brent Chaters, Managing Director, Digital Customer and Marketing Transformation Practice, Accenture
- Aldo Cundari, Chairman and CEO, Cundari
- Brent Cuthbertson, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer and Acting Chief Insurance Officer, British Columbia Automobile Association
- Kerri Dawson, Head of Digital as a Channel, Retail Banking and Wealth Management, HSBC
- Alan Depencier, Chief Marketing Officer, Personal & Commercial Banking and Insurance, Royal Bank of Canada
- Kathy Dumanski, Chair, School of Software Design and Data Science, Seneca College
- Peter Furnish, Vice President, Marketing, Category and Digital Experience, Starbucks
- Bill Hearn, Partner, Fogler Rubinoff LLP
- Jan Kestle, President, Environics Analytics
- Devorah Lithwick, Senior Vice President, Brand, Bell Canada
- Amanda Maltby, Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, Canada Post
- Uwe Stueckmann, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Loblaw Companies Ltd.
About the Canadian Marketing Association
The CMA is the voice of the marketing profession in Canada. We serve more than 400 corporate, not-for-profit, public and post-secondary members, including Canada’s most prestigious brands. Our community also includes creative, media, and PR agencies, research firms, management consulting firms, technology companies and other suppliers to the marketing community. We support activities related to thought-leadership, professional development, consumer protection, and commercial success. We act as the primary advocate for marketing with governments, regulators and other stakeholders. Our Chartered Marketer (CM) designation ensures that marketing professionals are highly qualified and up to date with best practices. We champion self-regulatory standards, including the mandatory Canadian Marketing Code of Ethics and Standards.
For more information or to schedule an interview:
Shane Madill, Kaiser Lachance Communications, email@example.com, 647.725.2520 x207.