CMA announces new chair, three new board members
The Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) today announced its 2022-23 board of directors, including the appointment of Kerri Dawson, head of digital commercialization for wealth and personal banking at HSBC Canada, as board chair for a two-year term.
“Kerri is a seasoned marketing executive and an experienced director who has been involved with our organization in many capacities,” says Sartaj Sarkaria, acting chief operating officer and chief diversity officer, CMA. “We are fortunate to have such a strong leader with a deep understanding of our strategic priorities as we build on the association’s notable success over the past several years.”
Dawson has been a member of the CMA board since 2018, and vice-chair for the past year. At various points during her tenure, she has chaired the Finance and Audit Committee, the Human Resources Committee and the Nominating and Governance Committee. Prior to joining the board, she was active in various roles at the CMA, including as a senior judge for the CMA Awards and as a member of the Digital Marketing Council.
Three dynamic marketing leaders are joining the board this year: Isaac Adejuwon, chief executive officer and founder, Metricsflow; Laura Pearce, country director, marketing, Google Canada; and Scott Pinkney, senior vice-president and executive creative director, Publicis Canada.
“The capacity of Canada's marketing community to inspire and engage customers and drive business growth through data, creativity and innovation has never been stronger,” says Dawson. “I look forward to working with returning and new directors to guide the CMA in its mission to embolden marketers to transform business, which in turn stimulates and strengthens the Canadian economy.”
The CMA extends thanks to Steve Mast, executive vice-president, platforms, emerging business, Schlesinger Group, who leaves the board after completing two years as chair, as well as to outgoing directors Peter Furnish (vice-president, product and marketing, Starbucks Coffee Canada) and Jan Kestle (president, Environics Analytics) for their many years of service and dedication to the association.
The complete list of CMA directors for 2022-23 is:
- Kerri Dawson (Board Chair), Head of Digital Commercialization for Wealth and Personal Banking, HSBC Canada
- Isaac Adejuwon, CEO and Founder, Metricsflow
- Brent Chaters, Managing Director, Accenture Song
- Alan Depencier, Chief Marketing Officer, Personal and Commercial Banking and Insurance, RBC
- Jeff Greenspoon, President, Global Solutions, Dentsu International
- Devorah Lithwick, Chief Brand Officer, Bell Canada
- Amanda Maltby, Corporate Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, Canada Post
- Nicky Mezo, Vice-President, Marketing, Customer Strategy and 1:1 Channels, TD
- Meghan Nameth, Senior Vice-President, Marketing, Loblaw
- Susan O’Brien, Chief Brand and Customer Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation
- Laura Pearce, Country Director, Marketing, Google Canada
- Scott Pinkney, Senior Vice-President and Executive Creative Director, Publicis Canada
- Trinh Tham, Chief Marketing Officer, Executive Vice-President, Marketing and E-Commerce, Harry Rosen
- Luxy Thuraisingam, Head of Global Partner Marketing, Cisco
About the Canadian Marketing Association
The CMA’s purpose is to embolden Canadian marketers to make a powerful impact on business in Canada. We provide opportunities for our members from coast to coast to develop professionally, to contribute to marketing thought leadership, to build strong networks, and to strengthen the regulatory climate for business success. Our Chartered Marketer (CM) designation signifies that recipients are highly qualified and up to date with best practices, as reflected in the Canadian Marketing Code of Ethics and Standards. We represent virtually all of Canada's major business sectors, and all marketing disciplines, channels and technologies. Our Consumer Centre helps Canadians better understand their rights and obligations.
For more information or to schedule an interview:
Nathaniel Glassman, Kaiser & Partners Inc., email@example.com, 416-998-2258